With a variety of orthopedic treatment options, Dr. Gloeckner will only use the appliance that best treats the patient’s specific issues. With malocclusions or alignment issues in the mouth, it is much easier to treat the patient early on in life. The appliances that Dr. Gloeckner may use for treatment accomplish much more than simply straightening one’s teeth. One such appliance is the crozat. The crozat is a metal orthopedic appliance that corrects malocclusion in the mouth and widens the jaw to give the teeth enough room to grow in properly.
Don’t wait for the necessary treatment
Parents who choose to have their children wait until they are older to receive treatment, only increase the risk of a longer treatment period and the need for surgery. If Dr. Gloeckner can implement treatment to the patient at a younger age, there is a better chance that the treatment will correct the issue and prevent intensive treatment in the future.
Dr. Gloeckner may use a crozat to help create more room for the permanent teeth to grow in properly and provide the patient with a comfortable set of teeth. Unlike some other treatment options, a crozat is more comfortable to wear. A crozat will not hinder speech development in younger patients as other devices might. The gradual force from a crozat does not cause the same damage and risk shortening the roots of teeth as traditional braces.
Dr. Gloeckner can also reverse the use of a crozat from expansion to retention if necessary. Another benefit of crozats is the fact that they can decrease the time an older patient may have to wear braces if the patient needs to in the future.
Avoid more painful and invasive treatments
The crozat treatment is a gradual and comfortable process that does not cause further damage to the teeth. Correctional surgery will only increase the cost of the oral health care and the risk of complications. Dr. Gloeckner can use crozats to create harmony between the form, structure and function of the patient’s teeth. A patient who wears a crozat may experience some pain for a day or two. After a few days, there will be next to no pain for the patient.
The length of the treatment varies greatly on the patient’s health, the current position of the teeth, the age of the patient and how many adult teeth have already set in. The ultimate goal of using crozats for treatment is to help the patient’s teeth develop in the correct direction as they age. This way, the teeth will be at the correct stage of development for the patient. Dr. Gloeckner treats his patients with care and strives to ensure comfort during the appointment and throughout the treatment.
If you or a loved one feel you may benefit from crozat treatment, do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-661-349-4709. We will work to schedule a consultation and examine the patient’s teeth. After the consultation, we will be able to determine the next best course of action.
Orthodontic treatment without removal invasive surgical removal of teeth with Dr. Gloeckners 36 years of unique orthopedic concepts may be more stable than allowing teeth to come in crooked, and then straightening them later with braces.
How is our approach different? Dr. Gloeckner has a a unique way of solving orthodontic and bite problems – often finding solutions for patients who wish to avoid jaw surgery or taking out permanent teeth. This way is much different than the traditional philosophy of many of today’s orthodontists. He is a member of the AAGO
For over sixty years AAGO members have assumed leadership roles in the exploration and development of innovative techniques and approaches to the treatment of orthodontic problems for both the child and the adult patient. In our treatments, we strive to preserve the patient’s natural dentition with non-extraction orthopedic techniques and holistic concepts that help develop the jaws to accommodate all of the patient’s permanent teeth. We avoid invasive procedures such as extraction and orthognathic surgery whenever possible.
Different from many traditional the orthodontist of the times Dr. Gloeckner uses many different types fixed appliances utilize function (chewing, swallowing and rest oral posture) in combination with light forces on the teeth to create changes in the underlying bone. This philosophy is to create larger dental arches, both upper and lower smiles , that produce a big broad beautiful smile but also allow for more tongue space, which may improve breathing chewing and swallowing.
Orthodontic treatment may reduce painful self image problems forgo invasive plastic surgery procedures such as the the popular chin implant or orthognathic surgery ( breaking the jaw and moving it forward to produce a more attractive profile)
Research shows that early intervention by an orthodontist using these orthopedic treatment allow for the widening of the jaw bone so that all the teeth will come in properly. This is more stable than allowing teeth to come in crooked, and then straightening them later with braces. This unique functional concepts help dentists periodontists and orthodontists move dental care into a future world of medical dentistry which will include airway development
My orthodontist want to extract four teeth? Why not just pull teeth and straighten them with braces? Research shows that small jaws create small airways and may increase the likelihood of life-threatening disorders. Since the upper and lower jaws form the gateway to the human airway, new orthodontic protocols and standard may be warranted.
Dr. Gloeckner’s non-traditional orthodontic treatments differ from the orthodontist’s training … focuses the function and push and pull of soft tissues of the human mouth with the emphasis on breathing chewing and swallowing. There is enough data that shows the human dentition may affect the body’s entire posture
Crozats have many advantages over other techniques:
- Esthetics – The Crozat can be very inconspicuous or “invisible.” It is also removable, when necessary, for esthetic reasons.
- Orthopedic effects – The Crozat is used to affect the underlying bone, as well as the tooth positions. This orthopedic effect can widen the bone the teeth come into.
- Comfort – Few orthodontic appliances are as comfortable to wear full-time as the Crozat. This is great for adults, but it is also good news for kids, since early treatment can extend many years. By comparison, braces or larger plastic appliances are harder to get used to, harder to speak with, harder to keep clean, and much harder to forget you’re wearing.
- Speech – It’s much easier to learn to speak normally with Crozats than with most alternatives.
- Hygiene – Crozats can be made removable for cleaning, and allow beautiful healthy tissues.
- Stability – Treating young kids allows teeth to come in straight to an arch that has room, instead of coming in crooked and needing to be straightened later.
- Reduced Gum Problems – When teeth erupt into a normal arch, which Crozat arch development allows, there is reduced incidence of gum problems. When teeth erupt too far to the outside or inside, they have to be moved in a long ways, and this can compromise the health of the gums.
- No Root Resorption – The forces are much lighter than with braces, which means the roots are less likely to be shortened (a potential side-effect of braces).
- Active and Retentive – The same appliance can often be used for active treatment and for retention. The Crozat is very comfortable as a retainer.
- Excellent Retention – Properly made and fitted, Crozats stay in very well!
- Reduces time in braces – When braces are necessary, adults can often begin treatment with the more comfortable, hygienic, and esthetic Crozat, reducing the time in braces.
If you would like to learn more about Crozats and Crozat Treatment and the various treatments we provide, call 661-349-4709 to schedule a consultation.